Sunday, December 16, 2007

Windows 2008 Hyper-V Installation - Login

I was checking out Windows 2008 Hyper-V RC1. Downloaded the ISO image and installed it. Everything went pretty well with minimum user intervention. After a couple of auto reboots the login window appeared and I had only one option - Other Login (for the core installation).

I was scratching my head trying to figure out what login I can use since the installation didn't ask me to create any login. So I tried out a couple of well known default username and password and finally I got in with the Administrator & blank password combination.

Once I logged in, I was presented with the good old Command prompt. For those of you who are used to the Windows interface, this might be a bit of a shocker.

The next thing I did was to enable Hyper-V in the core server deployment. This was done with the command:

Start /w ocsetup Microsoft-Hyper-V

A reboot is required once Hyper-V is enabled. Please note that the command is case sensitive so you must type the command exactly as seen here.

No comments: